The Audco Match with prize for top silvers:
1st Peg5, Tom Gollins , 30lbs 0oz, 4Carp Metod Feeder with few Roach
2nd Peg 8, Dave Matson 29lbs 10oz, 4 Carp lot of Perch Pole single Magot,
3rd Peg 33, Gerry Powell 16lb 15oz I Carp Loads of small perch pole, Magot.
1st Top Silver Peg34 Ray Jarvis 9lb 4 oz Roach pole, Hemp and Tares
Another fab turnout meant both Top and Birches Pool we're used at Melverley Farm this week . . .
1st peg 9, Steve Warrell 73lb 9oz Carp in margins pole
2nd peg 6 Ken Mainwaring 71 lb 7oz Carp pole and feeder.
3rd peg5 Trev Armstrong 52lb 70z Carp pole and feeder
Special mention for Tom Gollins who landed a Grass Carp weighing 19lb 1oz like a torpedo 3ft long Beautiful fish
1st peg 16 Harry Groom 38lb 1oz Carp pole
2nd peg 13 Mick Price 16lb 5oz net of small fish 4oz the best.
3rd peg 14 Dougy Haywood 10lb 2small Carp and bits.
Our first Autumn Silvers match took place on Saturday at Telfords Apley Pool. The weather was unseasonaly warm and it would have made a great Carp Match! With many Carp hooked and landed!!! No fewer than 18 turned out to fish the Match with two sections of 3. Dave Matson won overall:
Section A Pegs 28-3
1) D Matson (Peg 32) - 9lb 1oz
2) R Jarvis (33) - 7lb 15oz
3) H Groom ( 3) - 3lb 13oz
Section B Pegs 4- 12
1) T Elsdon (Peg 6) - 8lb 2oz
2) M Price (10) - 5lb 15oz
3) S Walton (8) - 5lb 2oz
The weather was great (for October) but the fishing was rock hard on Long Lane this week. Gerald Large continued his fine form of late we another win . . .
1) Gerald Large (Peg1) - 20lb 12oz - 5 carp on feeder.
2) Mick Price (Peg 6) - 11lb Pole / Carp
3) Dave Matson (Peg 9) - 10lb 4oz - 2 Carp
4) Mark Jones (Peg 3) - 8lb 4oz
Next week Melverley Farm
The match was on a wet and windy day, talk about change in weather! Some good weights though:
1) Dave Chatter - 16lb
2) Phil Bowen - 15lb
3) Roy Biddulph - 14lb
4) Dave Burton - 13lb
September 21 has been dry and warm, as warm and dry as any on record but in the last week that weather changes and started to become unstettled. Another decent turnout:
1) Dave Matson (Peg 6) - 32lb 9oz
2) Harry Groom (Peg 10) - 31lb 1oz
3) Gerald Large (Peg 31) - 18lb 3oz
4) Tony Turner (Peg 32) - 12lb 3oz
Great turn out, brilliant weather but sadly fishing not so great today, well done though to Gerald Large who won off peg 4 the final League match of the league:
1) Gerald Large (Peg 4) - 52lb 14oz
2) Bob Pritchard (Peg 5) - 32lb 4oz
3) Dave Burton (Peg 8) - 29lb 6oz
4) Kevin Swinerton (Peg 11) - 18lb 4 oz
A brilliant Turn out in mid-week meant two matches run simutanously!
Match One - Birches Pool
1) Tom Gollins - 45lb 10oz Carp / Chub Method Feeder.
2) Steve Warrell - 41lb
3) Tony Jackson - 35lb 7oz Pole Carp
4) Gerald Large - 30lb 12oz Method feeder
1) D Maston - 29lb 6oz
2) Harry Groom - 27lb 12oz
3) Dave Chatter - 15lb (Roach and Ide)
4) Mick Price - 6lb 12oz
This time the mid-week guys decided to run a Silver fishi match. Apley was chosen for the event and a very good turnout enjyoyed their Day.
1) Ray Jarvis (Peg 5) - 21lb 10oz
2) Dave Matson (Peg4) -9lb 6oz
3) Gerald Large (Peg 2) - 8lb 11
4) Harry Groom (Peg 28) - 16lb 14
Apley had been in outstanding form leading up to our match, yeah you've guessed it! It was shocking Sunday!
1) Gerald Large (Peg 13) - 38lb 7 oz (Method Feeder)
2) Phil Bowen (2) - 24lb
3) Simon Dromgool (8) - 23lb 3oz
4) Nigel Simpson (15) - 22lb
The guys rocked up to Parkers Pool in Telford this week, the pool has been fishing well lately and Dave Matson took spoils, again from unfancied Peg 14!
1) Dave Matson (14) - 32lb 9oz - 6lb Silvers and 3 Carp.
2) Harry Groom (20)- 17lb 11oz
3) Tony Jackson (2) - 17LB 10oz.
4) Mick Groom (10) - 15lb 4oz
Dave "Bertie Bagger" Burtontook the spoils again at Bearcroft. With a fine 21lb bag off peg 2
1) Dave Burton (peg 2) - 21lb
2) Bob Pritchard (Peg 10) - 9lb 13oz
3) Harry Groom (14) - 8lb
4) Roy Biddulph (4) - 7lb
Many fish lost but a few caught too well done guys.
The latest Saturday match switched to Bearcroft, a good turn out and great conditions didn't make it an easier one though. Some caught plenty of small fish, notably new F1's and Tench that have been stocked and a few of the bigger fish turned up too:
1) Phil Bowen (Peg 11) - 15lb
2) Roy Bidullph (Peg 6) - 11lb 10oz
3) Bob Pritchard (Peg 14) - 9lb 4oz
4) Stu Miles (Peg 9) - 7lb 3oz
The latest mid week matxh was held on Melverley farm
1st Peg4, Dave Matson 50lb 7oz Carp pole Maggot/Meat,2nd Peg9, Tom Gollins 39lb, Carp, Method Feeder'3rd Peg5, Richard Cavey 32lb 14oz Carp Pole,4th Peg8 Gerald Large 32lb 11oz Carp Method Feeder.
The recent fine form of Parkers deserted the place on Sunday, following storms and rain, the pool was heavily coloured leading into the match. It made the fishing much harder that it has been recenlty. Dave Matson won from Peg 14 on the day with pole fished approach with Phil Bowen pushing him with 2nd place . . .
1) Dave Matson (Peg 14) - 26lb 2oz
2) Phil Bowen (Peg 22) - 25lb 2oz pole
3) Simon Dromgool (Peg 4) - 15lb 10oz pole
4) Gerald Large (Peg 11) - 15lb 6oz (Method Feeder)
11 Anglers fished pool fished very well for Carp, Silvers were slow after thunder storms,1st Peg 1, Tom Gollins 70lb 13oz Carp Method Feeder.2nd Peg2 Tony Jackson 48lb 2oz Carp Pole, Paste.3rd Peg7 Richard Cavey 41lb 8oz Carp Pole /Feeder,4th Peg6 Gerald Large 39lb 10oz, Carp Method Feeder,
Some of the guys fished the venue for a second time in a week and again Dave Matson came out on top with another 50lb odd.
1) Dave Matson - 58lb (27lb silvers/ 31lb Carp - Pole Corn & Meat)
2) Ian Jones - 46lb 5oz (22lb Silvers / 24lb Carp - Pole fished Caster)
3) Tony Jackson - 37lb 2oz ( Carp - Pole Paste)
4) Richard Cavey - 32lb (Silvers and Carp)
Dave Matson turned on the style in this rounds match with a fine 82lb bag of Fish, all 12 Anglers had at least double figure weights, despite it being heatwave conditions for the week! Dave on the Right side of the pool won comfortably on the day with plenty of Carp and many Chub:
1) Dave Matson - 82lb 6oz ( Pole fished Meat at 12m and edge).
2) Simon Dromgool - 43lb 4 (Pole fished carp and Silvers)
3) Stuart Miles - 42lb 6oz (Pole fished Silvers and Carp)
4) Phil Bowen - 41lb 14oz (Pole Carp and silvers)
New picturesqe venue today, hard going for most but Kev on the Feeder took the spoils this week, nice bag of Skimmers /F1's:
1) Kev Swinerton (Peg 8) - 23lb 3oz (F1's/Skimmers)
2) Richard Cavey (Peg 12) - 19lb 6oz (Skimmers / F1's)
3) Nigel Simpson (Peg 1) - 6lb 9oz
4) Tony Turner (Peg 11) - 6lb 5oz
Hard going this week for the mid week boys, at Long Lane. Well done to Gerald who won on the day from Peg 1:
1) Gerald Large (Peg1) - 27lb 2oz
2) Dave Matson (Peg 9) - 16lb 2oz
3) Tony Jackson (Peg 11) - 13lb 3oz
4) Phil Bowen (Peg 14) - 11lb 1oz
i Independence day eh? A few down this week, but round 7 was mixed match, Bob continues is fine run in the league this year with a win from Peg 4. Plenty of Fish in there and moving but not really getting their heads down!
1) Bob Pritchard (Peg4) - 43lb
2) Stu Miles (Peg 14) - 34lb 6oz
3) Dave Matson (Peg 17) - 29lb 5oz
4) Gerald Large (Peg 18) - 14lb 11oz
Next round on 18th July Melverley Laneside Pool
Some very weights coming off Parkers and Wednesdays match was a good one too . . . Gerald did well on his first time visit at the venue.
1) Dave Matson (Peg 18) - 45lb 8oz (6 big Carp and Silvers)
2) Gerald Large (Peg 1) - 30lb 15oz (15 Carp method feeder)
3) Richard Cavey (Peg 20)- 17lb 4oz (Carp)
4) Dave Chatter (Peg 4) 13lb 11oz of Silvers on Pole
Feeling like a home water nowadays Melverley was once again the location but this time the Laneside pool for the guys on a Wednesday, A decent day by all accounts:
1) Dave Matson - 53lb 12oz - Carp, Bream, Chub and an Eel!
2) Tony Jackson- 34lb - Carp and Silvers
3) Tony Turner - 33lb 6oz - Carp and Silvers
4) Rich Cavey - 24lb 5oz - Carp & Silvers
Next week on Parkers Pool Telford
The 6th round and a 6th different winner! Hard going to steady for most this Sunday, with few Silver Fish (or Carp) showing in numbers, Stu Miles took top spot this week . . .
1) Stu Miles - 34lb 14 - Crucians, Carp (Pole and feeder)
2) Bob Pritchard - 28lb 11oz (Mixed bag - Pole)
3) Dave Matson - 25lb 15 (Mixed bag pole)
4) Gerald Large - 21lb 6oz (Feeder)
Next round is on 4th July at Long Lane Pool
The guys rocked up to Melverley Farm Birches Pool this week and an O.K day was enjoyed, close finish too this week . . .
1) D Matson - 44lb 10oz - Crucians, Bream , Roach (Pole and Feeder)
2) G Large - 43lb 14oz - Carp (Method Feeder)
3) D Chatter - 27lb 10oz - Carp Pole
4) Rich Cavey - 24lb pole
A good turn out for this match, nice dry day but fishing was very hard for the majority of us! Well done to Roy Biddulph who found some fish off peg 1 . . .
1) Roy Biddulph (Peg 1) - 27lb
2) Phil Bowen (peg 3) & Stu Miles (Peg 11) each with 8lb 4oz
4) Bob Pritchard (Peg 6) - 7lb odd
The full results were not sent in for this match, but we did learn that Gerald large won the match with 46lb (one Carp of 16lb) back up weights we're very low (less than 3-4lb).
Following a week of nice weather, there was alot or rain overnight! The fishing was patchy but Phil Bowen pulled out the stops to take the spoils on the day . . .
1) Phil Bowen (Peg 3) - 31lb 3oz
2) Gerald Large (Peg 4) - 27lb 3oz
3) Dave Matson (Peg 5) - 25lb 15oz
4) Dave Burton (Peg 12) - 23lb 4oz
The guys rotated round to Melverley Farms' Laneside Pool this week and finally drier and warmer weather, saw some fish feeding and moving around, some very good weights and well done to Dave Matson who won overall:
1) Dave Matson - 62lb 6oz (Carp and some nice Chub / Ide)
2) Richard Cavey - 42lb 10oz (Carp and Chub)
3) Tom Gollins - 28lb 13oz
4) Gerald Large - 27lb
Following the worst wettest May in recent living memory, the fishing was again rock hard at Long Lane on Sunday. Loads of fish evident but very few fed during the 5 hours, another grueller! But nice to see another winner this week that's 4 different 1st places in 4th rounds so far. Well done Bob:
1) Bob Pritchard (Peg 17) - 23lb 15oz (1 Carp 10lb+)
2) Andy Hughes (Peg 4) - 23lb 2oz
3) Gerald Large (Peg 17) - 21lb 9oz
4) Dave Matson (Peg 2) - 19lb 7oz
Sections: A Section 1) Andy Hughes
2) Dave Matson
Section B: 1) Gerald large
2) Stuart Miles (Peg 15)
Next round on Stirchley Top pool Telford.
The guys tried out a new venue to us this week, with the weather still being up and down (still.not double digits in May!!!) it was patchy:
1) Phil Latham - 19lb 6oz (F1's)
2) Richard Cavey - 13lb 8oz (F1's)
3) Nigel Simpson - 13lb 7oz (Skimmers)
4) Tom Gollins - 10lb 6oz (F1's)
The Mid-Weekers rocked up at Melverley Farm on Wednesday with a few days of warmer but unsettled weather a good day for some . . .
1) D Matson - 41lb 7oz 2 good Carp and quality Chub bag late on
2) Phil Latham - 32lb 7oz - Carp and Bream
3) Dougie Hayward and Tony Whippet - 25lb 10oz
5) Nigel Simpson - 24lb 4oz (1 Carp 12lb)
The persistent rain the day and night before the match which followed several days of single figure temperatures made this match challenging but still some good weights and bites on the day.
1) Dave Burton (Peg 14) - 32lb Great bag of silvers
2) Phil Bowen (Peg 23) - 29lb silves and a couple of decent Carp
3) Dave Matson (Peg 11) - 14lb 4oz (bits and decent Carp)
4) Kev Swinton (Peg 24) - 10lb 7oz
May 4th can mean one thing . . Star Wars day! The force was once again with Dave Matson has he continues anohter purple patch! Again weather is crazy for May with hail, and near frosts overnigt this was always going to be a tricky one:
1) D Matson (Peg 8) - 14lb 4 small Carp and small Perch on Maggott
2) Tony Whippet (Peg 2) - 10lb 13oz (Carp plus a fine 2lb plus Perch)
3) Gerald Large (Peg 17) - 9lb 6oz - Carp on feeder
4) Tom Gollins (Peg 18) - 7lb 13oz Carp on pole
Worth also mentioning that Dougie Haywood had a fine 2lb Perch too, so nice to see a couple out in same match. Well done to the 12 Anglers who came out.
The annual Macmillan charity open was contested on Saturday, across the Honeysuckle and Audco streches of canal. The cold weather continues to make the fishing patchy in most places but a very good turn out for the event. Held earlier this year the same pair took the honors again for the 2nd year in a row, something very new to this event!
So well done to all who Fished and contragulations to Ian Jones and Bob Sands who had 6 points. 2nd over all was Dave Matson (this year with Bob Pritchard) on 8 pts.
Audo Stretch -
1) Dave Maston 6.13.0
2) M Price - 1.7.0
3) G Dolan - 1.6.0
1) Bob Sands - 13.14.0 (overall winner)
2) Harry Groom - 6.14.0
3)Brian Matthews - 4.14.0
Thanks to Bob Pritchard, Phil Bowen, Dave Matson for organsiing and put on event, and to Gordon Dolan for his donation and to all the anglers who supported the event. We raised just under £100 for the Macmillan chairty.
The driest (and coldest) April in recent memory ensured that the fishing continues to be up and down fishing was patchy this week. Dave Matson found some fish again this time some Bream showed up. . .
1) D Matson - 14lb (5 Bream)
2) G Large - 5lb 4oz ( Tench and Bream on feeder)
3) H Groom - 1lb 70z (Perch and Roach)
Round 2 of the league took place on Sunday, following the canal round a couple of weeks back. The fishing was rock hard on Long Lane and like most places at present the venue is sporadic in form. Carp were hard to come by and match was tight for most. Dave Matson made it a hatrick of match wins in as many weeks by taking top spot from Peg 4:
1) Dave Matson (Peg 4) - 19lb 3
2) Bob Pritchard (Peg 1) - 13lb 9oz
3) Phil Bowen (Peg 5) - 11lb 14oz
4) Nigel Simpson (Peg 17) - 8lb
Next round on Marchamley on 9th May.
The latest Wednesday match, saw improved fishing with Dave Matson finding some decent Carp and a 20lb of silvers to go with them to take top spot this week:
1) Dave Matson - 47lb 10oz (5 Carp for 27lb and 20lb of silvers on Maggott)
2) Dave Chatter - 28lb 4oz (Carp and Cruicians)
3) Gerald Large - 27lb 13oz (Carp and Skimmers on Method)
Harry Groom had the biggest fish of the day landing a super 12lb Carp and good day all round with plenty of bites for most.
The mid week crew rocked up at Marchamley on Wednesday, with difficult fishing conditions again, like many fisheries it fished very hard.
1) Dave Matson - 3lb 2oz - Roach and one nice Bream
2) Pete Lee - 2lb 9oz - Roach and Perch
3) Dave Chatter - 2lb 3oz - Bream
The first round of the series this season took place on the Shropshire Union canal at bridge 50-51 (Honesty box). A good turnout of Anglers saw us in sections, the recent winter type weather really slowed things up and it was series new comers who took the spoils in round one:
1) Simon Dungle (Peg 4) - 5lb
2) Bob Pritchard (Peg 6) - 2lb 4oz
3) Gerald Large (Peg 3) - 1lb 15-9
4) Dave Matson (Peg 5) -1lb 15--1
The first mid-week match since locdown eneded and what a step change! The week before the weather was fine approaching 20 this week it was more like 4 degrees! Fish (and Anglers) we're shell shocked! Well done to Nigel Simpson who won the first one:
1) Nigel Simpson (Peg8) - 10lb 6oz 2 Carp with some Rudd.
2) Pete Lee (Peg 4) - 5lb 1oz Crucian and Roach
3) Tom Golings (Peg16) - 2lb 4oz (Roach and Rudd)
4) Trevor Armstrong (Peg 5) - 1lb 10 oz (Roach)
Due to popular demand the Fishing matches will continue case by case and whilst restrictions and demand allow on Wednesday (book in with Dave Matson). It fished hard, but plenty of silver fish bites!
1) Dave Matson - 5lb 3oz (Peg 3)
2) Pete Lee - 4lb 1oz (Peg 4)
3) Harry Groom - 2lb 15oz (Peg 5)
4) Tom Golings - 2lb 11oz (Peg 4)
Next week on Melveryley Farm!
The annual Fur and feather and final official match of a disrupted 2020 season, took place on Saturday. Very good turn out of Anglers supporting the club, following poor weather and cold spell. Bites we're hard to come by! Gerald Large won with 3 tip caught Carp of peg 9, just pipping Stuart Miles into second place. Sections we're also paid out on the day:
1st Overall Winner - Gerald Large - 11lb 9oz (Peg 9)
2nd and section two winner - Stuart Miles - 11lb 6oz (Peg 5)
3rd and section one winner - Tony Jackson - 8lb 13 (Peg 3)
4th and section four winner - Pete Lee - 7lb 15oz (Peg 18)
Sections and wins:
Tony Jackson Section 1 (pegs 1-3)
Stuart Miles Setion 2 ( pegs 4 -8)
Kev Swinton Section 3 ( Pegs 9 -14)
Pete Lee section 4 ( pegs 15-18)
The club held it's second Silver match of the Autumn on Sunday, with a great turnout by the lads. It was patchy fishing, with strong winds and showers making conditions difficult and making it harder for bait presentation. Despite all this double figures was still required tio win . . .
1) Gerry Poweel (Peg 7) 16lb 7oz
2) Dave Matson (Peg 4) 11lb 5oz
3) Simon Dugall (Peg 6) 10lb 5oz
4) Phil Bowen (Peg 2) - 7lb 10oz
The lads held another mid week match on Marchamley, with the fishing being tougher following wet weather:
1) Dave Matson - 21lb 13oz
2) Tony Jackson - 15lb 6oz
3) John Davies - 10lb 1oz
4) Pete Lee - 8lb
Decent match on Marchamley Wednesday, with Nigel taking the spoils this week with a good weight.
1) Nigel Simpson - 48lb 7oz
2) Dave Matson - 30lb 10oz
3) Tom Golins - 21lb 11oz
4) Dave Chatter - 19lb 5oz
Pete Lee had a fantastic bag of Silvers 17lb 1oz
The Autumn Silver matches kicked off on Sunday with a Carp counting as only 3oz. There were a few "3 Ouncers" caught but they didn't spoil an interesting, well atteneded match. Over 8 double figure bags of Silvers were put together. Next one Apley Pool Sunday 1st August.
1) Dave Matson - 23lb 10oz
2) Gerry Powell - 19lb 8oz
3) Phil Bowen - 17lb 5oz
4) Stu Miles - 15lb 1oz