Some of the guys fished the venue for a second time in a week and again Dave Matson came out on top with another 50lb odd.
1) Dave Matson - 58lb (27lb silvers/ 31lb Carp - Pole Corn & Meat)
2) Ian Jones - 46lb 5oz (22lb Silvers / 24lb Carp - Pole fished Caster)
3) Tony Jackson - 37lb 2oz ( Carp - Pole Paste)
4) Richard Cavey - 32lb (Silvers and Carp)
Dave Matson turned on the style in this rounds match with a fine 82lb bag of Fish, all 12 Anglers had at least double figure weights, despite it being heatwave conditions for the week! Dave on the Right side of the pool won comfortably on the day with plenty of Carp and many Chub:
1) Dave Matson - 82lb 6oz ( Pole fished Meat at 12m and edge).
2) Simon Dromgool - 43lb 4 (Pole fished carp and Silvers)
3) Stuart Miles - 42lb 6oz (Pole fished Silvers and Carp)
4) Phil Bowen - 41lb 14oz (Pole Carp and silvers)
New picturesqe venue today, hard going for most but Kev on the Feeder took the spoils this week, nice bag of Skimmers /F1's:
1) Kev Swinerton (Peg 8) - 23lb 3oz (F1's/Skimmers)
2) Richard Cavey (Peg 12) - 19lb 6oz (Skimmers / F1's)
3) Nigel Simpson (Peg 1) - 6lb 9oz
4) Tony Turner (Peg 11) - 6lb 5oz
Hard going this week for the mid week boys, at Long Lane. Well done to Gerald who won on the day from Peg 1:
1) Gerald Large (Peg1) - 27lb 2oz
2) Dave Matson (Peg 9) - 16lb 2oz
3) Tony Jackson (Peg 11) - 13lb 3oz
4) Phil Bowen (Peg 14) - 11lb 1oz
i Independence day eh? A few down this week, but round 7 was mixed match, Bob continues is fine run in the league this year with a win from Peg 4. Plenty of Fish in there and moving but not really getting their heads down!
1) Bob Pritchard (Peg4) - 43lb
2) Stu Miles (Peg 14) - 34lb 6oz
3) Dave Matson (Peg 17) - 29lb 5oz
4) Gerald Large (Peg 18) - 14lb 11oz
Next round on 18th July Melverley Laneside Pool
Some very weights coming off Parkers and Wednesdays match was a good one too . . . Gerald did well on his first time visit at the venue.
1) Dave Matson (Peg 18) - 45lb 8oz (6 big Carp and Silvers)
2) Gerald Large (Peg 1) - 30lb 15oz (15 Carp method feeder)
3) Richard Cavey (Peg 20)- 17lb 4oz (Carp)
4) Dave Chatter (Peg 4) 13lb 11oz of Silvers on Pole
Feeling like a home water nowadays Melverley was once again the location but this time the Laneside pool for the guys on a Wednesday, A decent day by all accounts:
1) Dave Matson - 53lb 12oz - Carp, Bream, Chub and an Eel!
2) Tony Jackson- 34lb - Carp and Silvers
3) Tony Turner - 33lb 6oz - Carp and Silvers
4) Rich Cavey - 24lb 5oz - Carp & Silvers
Next week on Parkers Pool Telford
The 6th round and a 6th different winner! Hard going to steady for most this Sunday, with few Silver Fish (or Carp) showing in numbers, Stu Miles took top spot this week . . .
1) Stu Miles - 34lb 14 - Crucians, Carp (Pole and feeder)
2) Bob Pritchard - 28lb 11oz (Mixed bag - Pole)
3) Dave Matson - 25lb 15 (Mixed bag pole)
4) Gerald Large - 21lb 6oz (Feeder)
Next round is on 4th July at Long Lane Pool
The guys rocked up to Melverley Farm Birches Pool this week and an O.K day was enjoyed, close finish too this week . . .
1) D Matson - 44lb 10oz - Crucians, Bream , Roach (Pole and Feeder)
2) G Large - 43lb 14oz - Carp (Method Feeder)
3) D Chatter - 27lb 10oz - Carp Pole
4) Rich Cavey - 24lb pole
A good turn out for this match, nice dry day but fishing was very hard for the majority of us! Well done to Roy Biddulph who found some fish off peg 1 . . .
1) Roy Biddulph (Peg 1) - 27lb
2) Phil Bowen (peg 3) & Stu Miles (Peg 11) each with 8lb 4oz
4) Bob Pritchard (Peg 6) - 7lb odd
The full results were not sent in for this match, but we did learn that Gerald large won the match with 46lb (one Carp of 16lb) back up weights we're very low (less than 3-4lb).
Following a week of nice weather, there was alot or rain overnight! The fishing was patchy but Phil Bowen pulled out the stops to take the spoils on the day . . .
1) Phil Bowen (Peg 3) - 31lb 3oz
2) Gerald Large (Peg 4) - 27lb 3oz
3) Dave Matson (Peg 5) - 25lb 15oz
4) Dave Burton (Peg 12) - 23lb 4oz
The guys rotated round to Melverley Farms' Laneside Pool this week and finally drier and warmer weather, saw some fish feeding and moving around, some very good weights and well done to Dave Matson who won overall:
1) Dave Matson - 62lb 6oz (Carp and some nice Chub / Ide)
2) Richard Cavey - 42lb 10oz (Carp and Chub)
3) Tom Gollins - 28lb 13oz
4) Gerald Large - 27lb
Following the worst wettest May in recent living memory, the fishing was again rock hard at Long Lane on Sunday. Loads of fish evident but very few fed during the 5 hours, another grueller! But nice to see another winner this week that's 4 different 1st places in 4th rounds so far. Well done Bob:
1) Bob Pritchard (Peg 17) - 23lb 15oz (1 Carp 10lb+)
2) Andy Hughes (Peg 4) - 23lb 2oz
3) Gerald Large (Peg 17) - 21lb 9oz
4) Dave Matson (Peg 2) - 19lb 7oz
Sections: A Section 1) Andy Hughes
2) Dave Matson
Section B: 1) Gerald large
2) Stuart Miles (Peg 15)
Next round on Stirchley Top pool Telford.
The guys tried out a new venue to us this week, with the weather still being up and down (still.not double digits in May!!!) it was patchy:
1) Phil Latham - 19lb 6oz (F1's)
2) Richard Cavey - 13lb 8oz (F1's)
3) Nigel Simpson - 13lb 7oz (Skimmers)
4) Tom Gollins - 10lb 6oz (F1's)
The Mid-Weekers rocked up at Melverley Farm on Wednesday with a few days of warmer but unsettled weather a good day for some . . .
1) D Matson - 41lb 7oz 2 good Carp and quality Chub bag late on
2) Phil Latham - 32lb 7oz - Carp and Bream
3) Dougie Hayward and Tony Whippet - 25lb 10oz
5) Nigel Simpson - 24lb 4oz (1 Carp 12lb)
The persistent rain the day and night before the match which followed several days of single figure temperatures made this match challenging but still some good weights and bites on the day.
1) Dave Burton (Peg 14) - 32lb Great bag of silvers
2) Phil Bowen (Peg 23) - 29lb silves and a couple of decent Carp
3) Dave Matson (Peg 11) - 14lb 4oz (bits and decent Carp)
4) Kev Swinton (Peg 24) - 10lb 7oz
May 4th can mean one thing . . Star Wars day! The force was once again with Dave Matson has he continues anohter purple patch! Again weather is crazy for May with hail, and near frosts overnigt this was always going to be a tricky one:
1) D Matson (Peg 8) - 14lb 4 small Carp and small Perch on Maggott
2) Tony Whippet (Peg 2) - 10lb 13oz (Carp plus a fine 2lb plus Perch)
3) Gerald Large (Peg 17) - 9lb 6oz - Carp on feeder
4) Tom Gollins (Peg 18) - 7lb 13oz Carp on pole
Worth also mentioning that Dougie Haywood had a fine 2lb Perch too, so nice to see a couple out in same match. Well done to the 12 Anglers who came out.
The annual Macmillan charity open was contested on Saturday, across the Honeysuckle and Audco streches of canal. The cold weather continues to make the fishing patchy in most places but a very good turn out for the event. Held earlier this year the same pair took the honors again for the 2nd year in a row, something very new to this event!
So well done to all who Fished and contragulations to Ian Jones and Bob Sands who had 6 points. 2nd over all was Dave Matson (this year with Bob Pritchard) on 8 pts.
Audo Stretch -
1) Dave Maston 6.13.0
2) M Price - 1.7.0
3) G Dolan - 1.6.0
1) Bob Sands - 13.14.0 (overall winner)
2) Harry Groom - 6.14.0
3)Brian Matthews - 4.14.0
Thanks to Bob Pritchard, Phil Bowen, Dave Matson for organsiing and put on event, and to Gordon Dolan for his donation and to all the anglers who supported the event. We raised just under £100 for the Macmillan chairty.
The driest (and coldest) April in recent memory ensured that the fishing continues to be up and down fishing was patchy this week. Dave Matson found some fish again this time some Bream showed up. . .
1) D Matson - 14lb (5 Bream)
2) G Large - 5lb 4oz ( Tench and Bream on feeder)
3) H Groom - 1lb 70z (Perch and Roach)
Round 2 of the league took place on Sunday, following the canal round a couple of weeks back. The fishing was rock hard on Long Lane and like most places at present the venue is sporadic in form. Carp were hard to come by and match was tight for most. Dave Matson made it a hatrick of match wins in as many weeks by taking top spot from Peg 4:
1) Dave Matson (Peg 4) - 19lb 3
2) Bob Pritchard (Peg 1) - 13lb 9oz
3) Phil Bowen (Peg 5) - 11lb 14oz
4) Nigel Simpson (Peg 17) - 8lb
Next round on Marchamley on 9th May.
The latest Wednesday match, saw improved fishing with Dave Matson finding some decent Carp and a 20lb of silvers to go with them to take top spot this week:
1) Dave Matson - 47lb 10oz (5 Carp for 27lb and 20lb of silvers on Maggott)
2) Dave Chatter - 28lb 4oz (Carp and Cruicians)
3) Gerald Large - 27lb 13oz (Carp and Skimmers on Method)
Harry Groom had the biggest fish of the day landing a super 12lb Carp and good day all round with plenty of bites for most.
The mid week crew rocked up at Marchamley on Wednesday, with difficult fishing conditions again, like many fisheries it fished very hard.
1) Dave Matson - 3lb 2oz - Roach and one nice Bream
2) Pete Lee - 2lb 9oz - Roach and Perch
3) Dave Chatter - 2lb 3oz - Bream
The first round of the series this season took place on the Shropshire Union canal at bridge 50-51 (Honesty box). A good turnout of Anglers saw us in sections, the recent winter type weather really slowed things up and it was series new comers who took the spoils in round one:
1) Simon Dungle (Peg 4) - 5lb
2) Bob Pritchard (Peg 6) - 2lb 4oz
3) Gerald Large (Peg 3) - 1lb 15-9
4) Dave Matson (Peg 5) -1lb 15--1
The first mid-week match since locdown eneded and what a step change! The week before the weather was fine approaching 20 this week it was more like 4 degrees! Fish (and Anglers) we're shell shocked! Well done to Nigel Simpson who won the first one:
1) Nigel Simpson (Peg8) - 10lb 6oz 2 Carp with some Rudd.
2) Pete Lee (Peg 4) - 5lb 1oz Crucian and Roach
3) Tom Golings (Peg16) - 2lb 4oz (Roach and Rudd)
4) Trevor Armstrong (Peg 5) - 1lb 10 oz (Roach)
Due to popular demand the Fishing matches will continue case by case and whilst restrictions and demand allow on Wednesday (book in with Dave Matson). It fished hard, but plenty of silver fish bites!
1) Dave Matson - 5lb 3oz (Peg 3)
2) Pete Lee - 4lb 1oz (Peg 4)
3) Harry Groom - 2lb 15oz (Peg 5)
4) Tom Golings - 2lb 11oz (Peg 4)
Next week on Melveryley Farm!
The annual Fur and feather and final official match of a disrupted 2020 season, took place on Saturday. Very good turn out of Anglers supporting the club, following poor weather and cold spell. Bites we're hard to come by! Gerald Large won with 3 tip caught Carp of peg 9, just pipping Stuart Miles into second place. Sections we're also paid out on the day:
1st Overall Winner - Gerald Large - 11lb 9oz (Peg 9)
2nd and section two winner - Stuart Miles - 11lb 6oz (Peg 5)
3rd and section one winner - Tony Jackson - 8lb 13 (Peg 3)
4th and section four winner - Pete Lee - 7lb 15oz (Peg 18)
Sections and wins:
Tony Jackson Section 1 (pegs 1-3)
Stuart Miles Setion 2 ( pegs 4 -8)
Kev Swinton Section 3 ( Pegs 9 -14)
Pete Lee section 4 ( pegs 15-18)
The club held it's second Silver match of the Autumn on Sunday, with a great turnout by the lads. It was patchy fishing, with strong winds and showers making conditions difficult and making it harder for bait presentation. Despite all this double figures was still required tio win . . .
1) Gerry Poweel (Peg 7) 16lb 7oz
2) Dave Matson (Peg 4) 11lb 5oz
3) Simon Dugall (Peg 6) 10lb 5oz
4) Phil Bowen (Peg 2) - 7lb 10oz
The lads held another mid week match on Marchamley, with the fishing being tougher following wet weather:
1) Dave Matson - 21lb 13oz
2) Tony Jackson - 15lb 6oz
3) John Davies - 10lb 1oz
4) Pete Lee - 8lb
Decent match on Marchamley Wednesday, with Nigel taking the spoils this week with a good weight.
1) Nigel Simpson - 48lb 7oz
2) Dave Matson - 30lb 10oz
3) Tom Golins - 21lb 11oz
4) Dave Chatter - 19lb 5oz
Pete Lee had a fantastic bag of Silvers 17lb 1oz
The Autumn Silver matches kicked off on Sunday with a Carp counting as only 3oz. There were a few "3 Ouncers" caught but they didn't spoil an interesting, well atteneded match. Over 8 double figure bags of Silvers were put together. Next one Apley Pool Sunday 1st August.
1) Dave Matson - 23lb 10oz
2) Gerry Powell - 19lb 8oz
3) Phil Bowen - 17lb 5oz
4) Stu Miles - 15lb 1oz
The wet weather rolled in but a good turnout of Anglers had a mixed match! Gerald Large had a fish of a lifetime to cap of a good win! He fished the tip to snare a wonderful Carp of 20lb 9oz!!!! On the large Lake. . . .
1) Gerald Large - 30lb 10oz
2) Dave Matson - 27lb 4oz
3) Bob Yeomnans - 24lb
4) Pete Lee - 20lb 8oz (fine bag of silvers with 3 Perch pushing 3lb a piece!)
Long Lane next week (7th Oct) the last of the mid weekers in 2020!
A hard match for most on this the latest Sunday match on Long Lane Pool. A late flurry helped Dave Matson take top spot on the day with one fish just shy of 14lb!
1) D Matson (Peg 11) - 30lb 7oz
2) D Lockett (Peg 5) - 11lb 2oz
3) K Swinton (Peg 8) - 6lb 11oz
4) S Miles (Peg 17) - 6lb 7
The guys held another match on the match lake and a nice Bream was the difference . . .
1) Dave Matson - 16lb 1oz (Small Stockie Carp and 3lb Bream) - Peg 4
2) Dave Chatter - 14lb 15oz (Skimmers) - Peg 7
3) Bob Yeomans - 14lb 4oz (Stockies) - Peg 6
4) Gerald Large - 13lb 15oz (Stockies and 1 good Bream)
Gerald Large took the spoils on Wednesday's match with a rod caught 40lb. The club used the big pool for a change and some good weights we're enjoyed by some . . .
1) Gerald Large - 40lb 2oz (Stockies) Method Feeder.
2) Bob Yeomans - 29lb 3oz - Pole fished Stockies
3) John Davies - 22lb 11oz Stockie Carp
4) Tom Gollins - 20lb 110z Stocky Carp
Also Harry Groom had a 3Lb Perch and a 3lb Roach out! Well done guys nice weather and good fishing!
Well done to all the pairs who turned out for the re-arranged charity pairs match, which was held on Honeysuckle and Audco length of canal in the town. There we're 10 pairs on the day. Like everywhere in the last few weeks fishing was very hard!
Bob Sands and Ian Jones took the top spot with 6 points. The results
1) Bob Sands / Ian Jones - 6 Points
2) Dave Matson / Stuart Miles - 7 Points
3) The Naylors - 8 points
Best weight of the day came from Honeysuckle canal by Alan Naylor 14lb of Bream. Well done guys.
Despite nice weather and dry conditions, the mid-week match was hard work for many.
1) Dave Matson (Peg 13) - 21lb 4oz (Small Stockies)
2) Tony Jackson (Peg 5) - 14lb 14oz (Bream)
3) Dave Chatter (Peg 1) - 13lb (Bream)
4) Pete Lee (Peg 11) - 12lb 12oz
Like most places, Parkers fished hard on Sunday and most of Anglers struggled on the day .Dave Burton took the spols from Peg 1 with 24lb and claimed his second win in recent matches.
1) D Burton (Peg1) 24lb 4oz
2) K Swinton (Peg 22) - 16lb 13oz
3) D Matson (Peg 10) - 16lb 11oz
4) H Groom (Peg 8) - 7lb 6oz
A lower turnout for this weeks mid week match, but what a day Fishing those who did attend enjoyed! Tony Jackson topped it with a fantastic 86lb+ of Peg 4. The weather was dry until afternoon but it didn't stop the fish biting!
1) Tony Jackson - Peg 4 - 86lb 4oz
2) Tom Gollins - Peg 8 - 56lb 4oz
3) Dave Matson - Peg 11 - 54lb 11oz
4) Gerald Large - Peg 6 - 37lb 3oz
A huge drop in overnight temperature made for a very hard contest on the Pool. A good turnout of guys slogged it through and one fish Bob won it!!!
1) Bob Pritchard - Peg 3 - 5lb 11oz
2) Dave Matson - Peg 9 - 5lb 6oz
3) Stu Miles - Peg 11 - 4lb
4) Mick Groom - Peg 1 - 3lb 11oz
Another good turnout for the mid week matches, this time a little more unsettled weather but plenty of bites for the guys to enjoy . . .
1) Dave Matson -32lb 12oz (Bream up to 4lb and small stockie carp) - Peg 1
2) -23lb 13oz - (Bream to 4lb and stockies) - Peg 11
3) Pete Lee - 18lb 5oz (Bream, Roach and Stockies) - Peg 12
4) Gerald Large - 15lb - Bream and Skimmers
A very hot and hard match today on Marchamnley, Gerald Large took the spolls with a hard toiled 15lb odd of Skimmers and Stockies a close match in the end . . .
1) Gerald Large - 15lb 12oz (Skimmers with some Stockies) - Peg 1
2) Pete Less - 13lb Stockies - Peg 2
3) Dave Matson - 12lb 12oz Perch and odd Stockie - Peg 7
4) Dougy Woodfield - 12lb - Stockies
Lower turn out on this one, but those that did turn out had hot weather to contend with. Dave Matson continues his impressive run of wins and framing positions. . . .
1) D Matson - peg 8- 42lb 8oz
2) P Lee - peg 4 - 15lb 12oz good crucicans and Roach.
3) G Large - peg 17 12lb 4oz
Following several days (finally ?) of nice summer hot weather, the lads rocked up at Laneside Sunday for another match. Stu Miles put a run of Carp together to take top spot on day with 70lb, Bob
and Dave Lockett, both landed some real nice specimen sized Carp to make it an interesting weigh in!
1) S Miles - 70lb 3oz
2) B Pritchard - 52lb 6oz
3) D Matson - 34lb
4) D Lockett - 22lb 10oz
Another Sunday match with a good turnout with new face Dave Burton taking the spoils with a good display of win Wagg & Feeder to finish his first Audco Sunday match with a
1) D Burton - 51lb 13oz
2) D Matson - 35lb 14oz
3) S Miles - 25lb 11oz
4) D Jones - 23lb 10oz
Another good turnout for mid week matches. A wet few days didn't dampen it for Bob Yeomans who put a stunning 97lb on the scales to top the day.
1) B Yeomans - 97lb
2) D Matson - 52lb - 3oz
3) S Miles - 31lb 5oz
4) T Gollins - 28lb 6oz
Another frustratinly hard Sunday match! Saw several "DNW - Did not weighs" Dave, Bob and Phil all found a few fish today:
1) Dave Matson (Peg 17) - 39lb
2) Bob Pritchard (Peg 8) - 32lb 15oz
3) Phil Bowen (Peg 6) - 19lb 2oz
4) Tom Golings (Peg 14) - 16lb 2oz
Next match Sunday match on Melverley Laneside.
Dave Matson continues with running his mid week matches, rotating our waters with others, this week it was Long Lane and PhIl Bowen got his second win in as many matches! After several frustrating matches for Phil, it come together again on Weds:
1) Phil Bowen (Peg 14) - 55lb 15oz
2) Dave Matson (Peg 18) - 32lb 15oz
3) Dave Jones (Peg 5) - 29lb 7oz
4) Dave Chatter (Peg 6) - 29lb 5oz
Phil Bowen took the Spoils on the Honeysuckle Saturday, with 17lb
1) Phil Bowen - 17lb (Bream & Tench)
2) Harry Groom - 14lb
3) John Davies - 8lb 8oz
4) Pete Lee - 8lb 6oz
Another Mid-Week open, this time on the hottest day of the year! Some of the guys found some Bream feeding, but difficult for most:
1) Tony Jackson - 22lb 10oz (11 Bream)
2) Gerald Large - 18lb 40z (Bream )
3) Bob Yeomans - 15lb (Bream & F1's)
4) Dave Matson - 10lb 8oz
The club held a match that was originally part of the league series. Another good turnout by the lads, but the Audco curse struck one again! Despite the venue having been in excellent recent form, heavy downpours and thunder storms, drop in temperature. Bob found some Bream and Dave landed a Carp of 11lb!
1) Dave Matson (Peg 7) - 24lb
2) Bob Pritchard (Peg 14) - 21lb 14oz
3) Roy Biddulph (Peg 13) - 10lb 60oz
With mild conditions the club held a match on the Shropshire Union Canal Hinstock Wood. A good turn out, and low boat traffic, but it fished harder than we all thought!
1) Pete Lee - 5lb
2) Stu Miles - 4lb 8oz
3) Dave Matson - 2lb 2oz
Wow what a difference a few days makes!!! From a hard match on Sunday to this in a few days! This time the guys used the Laneside as opposed to the Birches Pool. Fantastic weigths from Dave Matson and Bob Yeomans . . .
1) Dave Matson- 82lb 8oz
2) Bob Yeomans - 78lb
3) D Chatter - 26lb 10oz
4) G Large 23lb 10oz
Allthough no league series this year due to Covid, we have retained bookings that we still have and the first one was on Melverley farm. The weather had been great leading up to the match but the fishing was very hard for most of us! Well done to Dave Jones who won:
1) Dave Jones - 24lb 13oz
2) Andy Hughes - 18lb
3) Kevin Swinton - 17lb 15oz
4) Dave Matson - 17lb 6oz
The first match since the phased relaxation of Lockdown measures, meant social distancing and limited numbers on the pool. The weather had been fantastic running up to this date, then a 10 degree drop on the day! Despite this some good weights with Method feeder proving to be useful!
1) Tom Gollins - 43lb 3oz (Peg 2)
2) Dave Matson - 41lb 10oz (Peg 8)
3) Gerald Large - 27lb 5oz (Peg 4)
4) Nigel Simpson - 17lb 2oz (Peg 6)
The guys had a knock up on the cut this Saturday, and Pete Lee had a nice double figure bag to win the day.
1) Pete Lee - 14lb 4oz
2) Mick Groom - 10lb and nearly a Pike!
3) Mick Price - 7.5lb
First match of the new year was contested on Shropshire Union on Saturday. A cold night was followed by a lovely day of clear, cold and sunshine! We we're joined by our friends from Hodent AC, for a tough match. Stu Miles took the top spot with bonus Bream (which was caught in same place week before!) and section winners we're paid out too.
Overall Top 3
1) Stu Miles - 4lb 8oz
2) Bob Yeomans - 3lb 11oz
3) Harry Groom - 1lb 2oz
Next match on 8th February on SUC.
Mick Groom took the spoils (and the Christmas Turkey) this year, wth a fab 5lb 14oz bag of chilled silvers from peg 12, on the annual Fur and Feather match.
1) Mick Groom - 5lb 14 (peg 12)
2) Kev Swinerton - 5lb 3oz (Peg 14)
3) Dave Matson - 4lb 9oz (Peg 2)
4) Bob Pritchard - 3lb 5oz (peg 8)
Well done guys!
Despite rainy weather and England being in the Rugby World Cup Final, there was a surprising turnout for this club match. This time the guys chose the Goldstone boats stretch, which proved to be hard going. . .
1) Roy Biddulph (120) - 3lb 13oz
2) Harry Groom (118) - 2lb 14oz
3) Mick Price (114) - 1lb 12 oz
4) Stu Miles (112) - 1lb 10oz
A very good turnout of 14 Anglers joined us for the Silver fish match on Apley last Sunday. The changing weather had a knock on affect for the fishing! Following two days (months worth of rain) and then the sudden near frost over night, made the weights lower than expected. Carp counted as 6oz fish and a few were caught on the day. A successful and enjoyable match for most and one that will be repeated!
1) Gerry Powell (Peg 5) 12lb 13oz
2) Ray Jarvis (Peg4) 9lb 15oz
3) Bob Yeomans (Peg 39) - 6lb 15oz
4) Stu Miles (Peg 38) - 5lb 14oz
The 3rd invitation match was held on Sunday, following poor weather conditions on the Saturday, Sunday wasn't a bad day. The fishing was O.K with the other Dave winning this week!
1) Dave Matson (Peg 8) - 43lb
2) Dave Jones (Peg 5) - 36lb 6oz
3) Tony Jackson (Peg 4) - 30lb 5 oz
4) Ron Mullinder (Peg 6) - 26lb 4
Despite heavy and persistent rain overnight, Long Lane fished well on the final league series match of the year. Dave Jones won the day with a supberb 57lb 14oz from Peg1 and back up weights were good also:
1) Dave Jones (peg1) - 57.14 -Pole margins and across
2) Ron Mullinder (peg 14) 41.9 - Method feeder.
3) Dave Matson (Peg 17) - 41lb - Pole margins
4) Kevin Swinton (Peg 6) - 30.9 - Feeder to Island.
The 2nd Invitation match of the season on Long Lane and this time won by a regular membner and not a guest!
1) Dave Matson (Peg 17) - 51lb 11oz
2) Bob Pritchard (Peg 2) - 33lb 11oz
3) Roy Biddulph (Peg 4) - 30lb 7oz
4) Ron Mullinder (Peg 11) - 23lb 4oz
Round 10 was held at a Sunny Apley pool on Sunday, with fishing a bit harder than expected for most following some great recent form at the venue.
1) Stuart Miles (Peg 15) - 37lb 1oz
2) Roy Biddulph (Peg 8) - 29lb 9oz
3) Bob Pritchard (Peg 10) - 27lb 8oz
4) Nigel Simpson (Peg 3) - 23lb 10oz
Drawing closer to the end of this years league with Round 9 taking place on Sunday. Dave Matson drew well and won off Peg 22:
1) Dave Matson (22) - 32lb
2) Dave Jones (2) - 30lb 110z
3) Mick Groom (16) - 30lb 5oz
4) John Davies (20) - 19lb
Next round on Sunday Sep 8th Apley Pool.
Round 8 was fished on Sunday, with a good turnout for the day again (13), the weather had been wet leading up to the match and showers we're present during this match. Stuart Miles found some feeding Carp and took top spot.
1) Stuart Miles (Peg 2) - 37lb 11oz
2) Ron Mullinder (Peg 22) - 18lb 9oz
3) D Matson (14) & Harry Groom (1) - 16lb 11oz
The latest round of the league was fished on Sunday, following a week of extreme heat wave conditions, the weekend was very rainy! Stuart Miles took top spot today, which makes it 6 different winners in 7 rounds!
1) Stuart Miles (Peg 24) - 18lb
2) Any Hughes (Peg 5) 13lb 5oz
3) Ron Mullinder (Peg 1) - 12lb 5oz
4) Dave Matson (Peg 16) - 11lb 15oz
The latest round of the league was well attended on Sunday, with 13 Anglers lining up to fish this venue. The weather had been warm leading up to the match and on the day it was warm and windy a match of two halves of the lake really, farside fished well and around 200lb came off that bank! Another name on the 1st place too, that's 5 different winners in 6 rounds!!!
1) Dave Jones - 67lb 13oz
2) Bob Yeomans - 64lb 7oz
3) Dave Matson - 49lb
4) Bob Pritchard - 27lb
Top 3 all from far bank. Well done to all who attended a good match.
The first of a few Long Lane "guest" matches was won by a guest on the method feeder on Sunday, well done Gerald Large!
1) Gerald Large (18) - 44lb 3oz
2) Ron Mullinder (11) - 42lb 13oz
3) Dave Matson (14) - 36lb 8oz
4) Tony Jackson (17) - 24lb
Due to huge rainfall in the preceeding week, leading to localised flooding on some venues. Round 5 was swapped from Parkers to Long Lane and the heavy rainfall had an impact on the fishing:
1) Dave Matson - 33lb 11oz (peg 8)
2) Bob Yeomans - 26lb (Peg 4)
3) Ron Mullinder - 18lb 11 (Peg 2)
4) Roy Biddulph - 17lb 4 (Peg 5)
Round 4 was contested on Sunday at the pool with some good fishing, despite spawning fish:
1) Dave Matson - 51lb 13oz (peg 2)
2) Ron Mullinder - 33lb 3oz (peg 17)
3) Phil Bowen - 26lb 5 oz (peg 5)
4) Nigel Simpson - 25lb 13oz (Peg 8)
Next round on June 16th Long Lane Telford
Annual Alan Smallman match was contested by good turnout on Saturday:
1) Alan Naylor & Dave Emlyn - 7 pts
2) Pete Lee & Stu Miles and Bob Pritchard - 6pts
1) Pete Lee (Peg 5) - 11.9.0
2) Mick Price (Peg 7) - 7.6.0
3) Alan Naylor (Peg 19) - 5.2.0
1) Kelvin Emlyn (Peg 6) - 16.10.0
2) Gordon Dolan (Peg 11) - 13.15.0
3) Dave Emlyn (Peg 1) - 13.14.0
The guys contested round 3 in pleasant conditions and some good weights considering the numbers of us on the pool! Roy Biddulph took the spoils on the day with a fantastic bag of Silvers and Bob Pritchard was 2nd. It's the 3rd round and 3rd different winner, game on!
1) Roy Biddulph (Peg 9) - 50lb 2oz
2) Bob Pritchard (Peg 11) - 37lb 4oz
3) Dave Matson (Peg 4) - 31lb 12oz
4) Ron Mullinder (Peg 3) - 28lb 6oz
The club contested a regular match on the Hinstock venue, and a good turnout enjoyed the sunshine. The fishing was very hard following wet and cold spells earlier in the week:
1) Mick Groom (Peg 10) - 10lb
2) Mick Pric (Peg 16) - 1.15oz
3) Harry Groom (Peg 13) - 1lb
The fishing was rock hard at the venue near prees. changeble weather conditions didn't help. Phil Bowen took the spoils in with 4lb.
1) Phil Bowen
2) Bob Yeomans
3) Dave Jones
4) Dave Matson
It was fitting that the weather was fantastic for the good turnout of Anglers fishing John's memorial match in Newport. The better results came from the Honeysuckle section:
1) Kel Emlyn - 29.9.0 (Carp / Bream / Tench)
2) Dave Jones - 22.5.0 (Bream / Tench)
3) Rich Cavey - 17.15 (Bream / Tench)
4) Pete Jones - 14.9.0 (Bream / Tench)
1) Mick Groom - 2.6.0
2) John Davies - 1.10.0
3) Bob Pritchard - 1.5.0
4) Mick Price - 1.4.0
Mick Groom continued is hot form of late, by winning the first round of the league series on the canal Sunday. He managed to lead a tight frame and win 5.5 ounces! Good turn out for round one with 13 Anglers lining the bank:
1) Mick Groom (Peg 29) - 3.11.5
2) Dave Matson (Peg 19) - 3.6.0
3) Stu Miles (Peg 14) - 3.4.5
4) Phil Bowen (Peg 17) - 2.15.5
Next Round on The Hough May 5th.
A knock up was held on the Shroppy Canal (Bridge 51) on Saturday with sunny but cold conditions. The fishing was steady, but few quality fish fed on the day. Dave Matson took first place thanks to a couple of bonus Perch and Mick Groom continued is fine start to the season with another 2nd place.
1) Dave Matson - 4lb 3oz
2) Phil Bowen & Mick Groom - 4lb 2oz
4) Ron Mullinder - 2lb 5oz
A fantastic performance by Mick Groom secured a good win on Saturday with 27lb easily winning the day from peg 15 on Bearcroft Pool. Mick found several Carp to take the spoils. The venue fished hard for most with corner pegs with cover the best on the day. Pete Lee and Roy Biddulph we're 2nd and 3rd from opposite corner pegs 10 & 11.
1) Mick Groom (Peg15) - 27lb
2) Pete Lee (Peg 10) - 13lb
3) Roy Biddulph (Peg 11) - 8.5lb
Mick Groom took the spoils with a fine 12lb winning weight on Saturday:
1) Mick Groom - 12lb
2) Mick Price - 6lb 14oz
3) Bob Pritchard - 2lb 5oz
4) Phil Bowen - 2lb 3oz
Unseasonally warm weather was enjoyed by those Fishing the weekend . . .
1) Mick Groom - 8lb 3oz
2) Pete Lee - 6lb 14oz
3) Bob Pritchard - 6lb 6oz
4) Bob Yeomans - 5lb 5oz
Recent club match held on Newport Canal:
1) Phil Bowen - 6lb 14oz (Carp / Bream)
2) Harry Groom - 6lb 10oz (Carp and Tench)
3) Bob Pritchard - 2lb 7oz
Mild conditions greeted the good turnout of Anglers who fished the annual pre-festive match. The fishing was not as good, but all caught fish! Dave Matson continued his run in winning this annual event by taken top spot from Peg 9 with 21lb 14.
1) D Matson (Peg 9) - 21.14
2) B Pritchard (Peg1) -16.1
3) D Jones (Peg 17) - 14.12
4) P Bowen (Peg 6) - 13.12
A very good turn out on Saturday for the latest Shropshire Union match, 15 Anglers lined the banks to compete this weekend. The fishing was harder than previous matches, with clear water and NO boat traffic making the fishing that bit harder.
1) Mr Johnson - 9lb 2oz
2) Leo - 8lb 6oz
3) Stu MIles - 6lb 4oz
4) P Johnson - 5lb 15oz
The third match of the Autumn season on the canal was contested on Saturday, with a good turnout and some good weights:
1) D Matson - 12lb 10oz
2) Lezzo - 10lb 2oz
3) B Yeomans - 9lb 8oz
4) M Groom - 9lb 4oz
The league has now been wrapped up for the year and we'll soon be into Autumn and Winter match mode (or some of us!). Dave Matson won the league for the 2nd year on bounce, but was run closer this year by former Chair Dave Jones (who missed two matches!). The last round was held on Long Lane and it fished super hard for most of us:
1) Dave Jones (Peg 17) - 70lb 15oz
2) Phil Bowen (Peg 11) - 19lb 4oz
3) Ron Mullineder (Peg 2) - 14lb
4) Bob Pritchard (Peg 1a) - 12lb 9oz
See series link above for more details on the league.
The league took on a now familar look in round 10 with the Dave's doing another one -two! This time it was Dave Matson who took first place with a fine 50lb+ bag from peg 1 . . .
1) Dave Matson (Peg1) - 50lb 13oz
2) Dave Jones (Peg 10) - 28lb 8oz
3) Mick Groom (Peg 14) -26lb 13oz
4) Bob Pritchard (Peg 16) - 25lb 8oz
Weather change overnight saw heavy rain through small hours, at least it stayed dry for the match! The fishing was really hard going . . .
1) Dave Jones (Peg 18) - 20lb
2) Dave Matson (Peg 25) - 15lb 6
3) Mick Groom (Peg 12) - 13lb 8
4) Stu Miles (Peg 6) - 8lb 12oz
Next Round on Parkers Pool Sep 2nd.
The recent heatwave came to an arubpt end overnight, with high winds and rain replacing 30 degree heat! The fishing was mixed, but another fine performance from Dave Matson, saw another win in the bag for the Chariman!
1) Dave Matson - 78lb 4oz
2) Ron Mullinder - 60lb 5oz
3) Bob Pritchard - 59lb 14
4) Dave Jones - 42lb 12
Dave Jones continued his good recent form to take top place on Sunday, with a win from peg 5 on. The heatwave conditions continued and with the earlier draw time, made for an interesting match . . .
1) Dave Jones (Peg 5) - 42lb 7
2) Dave Matson (Peg 10) - 33lb 5
3) Ron Mullinder (Peg 12) - 32lb 7
4) Bob Pritchard (Peg 9) 30lb 9oz
Dave Matson took the spoils in round 6 with a fine bag of Carp from peg 11. He had a very good last two hours in the margins, to lead the way on the day. It follows continued heat wave conditions too.
1) Dave Matson (Peg 11) - 57lb 15oz
2) Dave Jones (Peg 18) - 37lb 10oz
3) Ron Mullinder (Peg 9) - 33lb 7oz
4) Bob Pritchard (Peg1) - 30lb 8oz
Ron Mullinder continued his good start to this years league, following up a 2nd last time out with a win this time around. Pegged on 4 he caught Carp for 45lb.
1) Ron Mullinder (Peg 4) - 45lb
2) Stuart Miles (Peg 2) - 40lb 3oz
3) Guy Jones (Peg 6) - 27lb 3oz
4) Phil Bowen (Peg 10) - 18lb 12oz
The Annual pairs competition took place on Honeysuckle and Audco Canal sections again, with a good turnout of Anglers enjouying the warm spell. It was closely contested again this year with a few teams level on points, so weights came into play for the final results:
1st Pair - Richard Cavey & Tony Turner with 7 points (17lb 12)
2nd - Joe Duce & Pete Jones with 7 points. (17.10)
3rd - Pete Follows & Paul Burton with 8 points. (16.9)
4th Dave & Kel Emlyn with 8 points (15.2)
1) Pete Lee - 23lb 3
2) Paul Burton - 12lb 2
3) Kel Emlyn - 10lb 14
1) Phil Bowen - 9lb 12
2) Joe Duce - 8lb 5
3) Tony Turner - 8lb 3
The 4th round was fished on Sunday, with fantastic weather. The venue proved to be peggy this time, but some good weights we're enjoyed by those on fish. . .
1) Dave Jones - 54lb
2) Ron Mullinder - 50lb 13oz
3) Dave Matson - 45lb 12oz
4) Bob Pritchard - 27lb 4oz
Round 3 was contested on Sunday, with finally some nice weather to bask in! Dave Matson once again showed the way, winning with 16lb, but he was pushed all the way by Phil Bowen who was a close 2nd:
1) Dave Matson (Peg 27) - 16.5
2) P Bowen (Peg 19) - 13.13
3) D Jones (Peg 1) - 9.6
4) G Jones (Peg 4) - 8.13
The next round is Sunday the 20th May on Melverley farm Birches Draw 9am
First main match of the season on Long Lane Pool, went ahead too:
1) Ron Mullinder (Peg 4) - 22.10.0
2) Dave Matson (Peg11) - 21.10.0
3) Dave Jones (Peg5) - 21.9.0
4) Roy Biddulph (Peg 17) - 21.8.0
Some good weights we're enjoyed on the Canal Saturday.
1) Phil Bowen (Peg 12) - 10.4.0
2) Mick Price (Peg 9) - 10.2.0
3) Pete Follows (Peg 15) - 10.0.0
4) John Davies (Peg 14) - 9.11.0
Round two took place on Sunday, with the Anglers keen to try out the new venue added for this years series. The weather had just started to be brighter, following an awful March and preceeded by a couple days of further rain! It was dry and sunny the day before though and dry during the match! Last sesons winner took the spoils in round 2 . . .
1) Dave Matson - 35.15.
2) Dave Jones - 29.7
3) Ron Mullinder - 26.9
4) Bob Pritchard - 23.10
Round one of the league took place a little earlier this year, on the Shropshire Union Canal at the honesty box section. It was nice warm day (for the first time in 2018!) but fishing was hard due to a mix of recent weather conditions and canal lock closures, plus the clocks going forward the night before (all the excuses!)
1) Phil Bowen (Peg 10) - 2lb 14oz
2) Ron Mullinder (Peg 18) - 2lb 4oz
3) John Buttery (Peg 26) - 1lb 10oz
The annual Christmas fayre match was held at the Hinstock wood length of canal. Conditions we're rock hard following a severe change in temperature and clear water conditions with locks being closed for maintenance! Still a decent turnout of 9 Anglers braved it. Dave Matson took top spot from Peg 83. . .
1) Dave Matson (Peg 83) - 5lb 11oz
2) Dave Oldfield (Peg 84) - 4lb 7oz
3) Roy Biddulph (Peg 78) - 1lb 14oz
The club held a contest on the Shropshire Union on Saturday, with some good weights in the run up to the Fur and Feather, being held on the SUC on Dec 2nd:
1) Dave Matson (Peg 79) - 8lb 12oz
2) Roy Cooper (Peg 77) - 6lb 4oz
3) Roy Biddulph (Peg 82) - 5lb
4) Bob Yeomans (Peg 81) - 4lb 14oz
The club held a match on Long Lane on Saturday, in warm and windy conditions the fishing was mixed with some reasonable weights for the time of year:
1) Bob Pritchard (Peg 6) - 48lb
2) Dave Jones (Peg 15) - 33lb
3) Ron Mullinder (peg 1) - 31lb
4) Stu Miles (peg 4) - 22lb 13
The final round of the 2017 league was fished on Sunday, with the same result, Dave Matson winning the round! That makes it a perfect 8 points for Dave. It fished harder than most thought though:
1) Dave Matson (Peg 14) - 32lb
2) Bob Pritchard (Peg 11) - 29lb 9oz
3) Stuart Miles (Peg 8) - 22lb 13oz
Round 10 was fished on Sunday, last but one round of the league series for 2017. It was hard going for everyone on the day. Dave Matson continuing the theme of winning, with a first from peg 10:
1) Dave Matson (Peg 10) - 12lb 12oz
2) Dave Jones (Peg9) - 8lb 2oz
3) Bob Pritchard (Peg 11) - 7lb 6oz
4) Stu Miles (Peg 1) - 5lb 1oz
Final Round on Long Lane on 17th September.
The latest open was held at the Hinstock venue on Saturday:
1) Roy Biddulph (Peg 4) - 18lb 13oz
2) Phil Bowen (Peg 9) - 9lb 2oz
3) Mick Pric (Peg 10) - plb 1oz
Round 9 was contested on the Hough fishery near Press, with Dave Matson again winning the match!
1) Dave Matson (Peg 27) - 23lb 3oz
2) Roy Biddulph (Peg 2) - 20lb 11oz
3) Ron Mullinder (Peg3) - 19lb 15oz
4) Stu Miles (Peg 1) - 13lb 1oz
The Annual Pairs match was fished by 13 pairs of Anglers on Saturday. Lining up along the club stretch and the Honeysuckle, the suckle produced the best weights.
1) Richard Davey - 3.0.0
2) Matt Naylor - 2.14.0
3) Dave Jones
1) Pete Davidson - 18.3.0 (8 Bream & bits)
2) Phil Bowen - 7.6.8
3) Alan Naylor - 6.12.0
There was tie for first place with 5 points for both Phil Bowen/ Dave Jones & Alan/Matt Naylor with Phil and Dave taking it on weight. One indiviual managed to raise £81 for the charity and thanks goes to Paul Quinn of The Phez Newport for the aftermatch hospitality!
Another club open on Bearcroft, with around 10 anglers turning out. Dave Moore took the spoils following persistant rain the evening before:
1) Dave Moore (Peg 6) - 26lb 3oz
2) Roy Biddulph (Peg 4) - 25lb 9oz
3) Dave Matson (Peg 9) - 17lb
Chairman Dave Matson again showed his dominance over the series with another fine display and win on Sunday. He had a great mixed bag and nearly broke the ton!
1) Dave Matson - 90lb 8oz
2) Dave Jones - 56lb 10oz
3) Bob Pritchard - 47lb 13oz
4) Phil Bowen - 42lb 10oz
Round 7 was contested on Sunday, with Dave Matson continuning his fine season form, with yet another Win . . .
1) Dave Matson (Peg 17) - 39lb 4oz
2) Ron Mullinder (Peg 15) - 28lb 7oz
3) Dave Jones (Peg 11) - 19lb 6oz
4) Stuart Miles (Peg 1a) - 15lb
Cooler than the week previous, but some great fishing was had by those who attended the match on Sunday:
1) Dave Matson (Peg 8) - 72lb 9oz
2) Ron Mullider (Peg 14) - 55lb 4oz
3) Phil Bowen (Peg 4) - 20lb 9oz
Red hot weather greeted those who fished Parkers on Sunday, the fishing was always going to be hard in 30 degrees!
1) Dave Matson (Peg 22) - 36lb
2) Stuart Miles (Peg 20) - 23lb 10oz
3) Phil Bowen (Peg 6) - 19lb 11oz
4) Ron Mullinder (Peg2) - 13.15
Mick Groom continued his recent good form, with a fine win from peg 6 of Bearcroft pool, in warm but windy conditions, he took a few good Carp to take the spoils . . .
1) Mick Groom (Peg 6) - 35lb
2) Roy Biddulph (Peg3) - 24lb
3) Mick Price (Peg 16) - 18lb
The Hough Fishery near Prees was used for Round 5 of the league, the fishing was much harder than any one thought it would be, but Roy Biddulph won for the second round in a row:
1) Roy Biddulph (Peg 23) - 14lb 12
2) Dave Matson (Peg 9) - 14lb 6oz
3) Harry Groom (Peg 19) - 13lb 13oz
4) Bob Pritchard (Peg 13) - 13lb 3oz
A fine bag of fish from Pete Lee on Peg 14 won the latest saturday match on the Newport Canal:
1) Pete Lee (14) - 16lb
2) Harry Groom (peg 6) - 11lb 1oz
3) Mick Groom (Peg 10) - 3lb 8oz
The latest round of the League was contested at Bearcroft Pool on Sunday, following heatwave weather, the day was cooler than preceeding days. It was hard for many, but several found some fish . .
1) Roy Biddulph (Peg 6) - 33.15
2) Phil Bowen (Peg 9) - 24.2
3) Dave Matson (Peg2) - 21.4
4) Dave Jones (Peg 10) - 14.14
An Audco match was held on Bearcroft Pool on Saturday, with some good weights:
1) Mick Groom (Peg 1) - 24lb 10oz
2) Roy Biddulph (Peg 16) - 22lb 4oz
3) Pete Lee (Peg 8) - 14lb 10oz
4) Harry Groom (Peg 7) - 11lb 12oz
Round 3 of the league was contested on a warm sunny Sunday! The boat traffic was heavy and made it harder for the Anglers . . .
1) Dave Bould & Roy Biddulph - 6lb 13
3) Mick Groom 5lb 11oz
4) Andy Hughes - 5lb 2oz
The Annual pairs event was held on Saturday, using the clubs length and the Honeysuckle length. There were two pairs tied on points at the end day, but Mick Price and Roy Biddulph took first place on weight:
1) Roy B & Mick P - 4 points
2) Phil B & Dave Jones - 4 points
1) John Buttery - 7.0.8
1) Mick Price - 13.8.0
Round two of the series was contested this Sunday, with the full line up of Anglers for round two. The weather continued to be good for April, with fine sunshine, fishing was harder than expected. Dave Matson continued his great start to campaign with another win and Phil Bowen again came runner up . . .
1) Dave Matson - Carp and Silvers - 56.11.0
2) Phil Bowen - Carp and silvers - 39.8.0
3) Dave Jones - Carp and Silvers - 32.2.0
4) Stuart Miles - All Carp - 31.0.0
Some fantastic Spring sunshine and weather greeted those fishing the match on Long Lane Sunday, following a couple of days of unseaonsal warm weather. The Fishing was still slow, as the water has yet to properly warm up.
1) Richard Cavey (Peg 1) - 28.4.0
2) John Buttery (Peg4) - 20.9.0
3) Ron Mulliner (Peg 5) - 15.11.0
4) Dave Matson (Peg 11) - 14.14
Round one of the 2017 league was fished on Sunday, with dry conditions and a reasonable turnout for round one, Dave Matson started where he left off in 2016 with another win to start the campaign:
1) Dave Matson (peg 29) - 6.10.0
2) Phil Bowen (Peg 27) - 4.14.0
3) Bob Pritchard & John buttery - 3.11
This was held on the honesty box stretch, next round is on Melverly Farm (Birches) on Apr 23rd.
Phil Bowen took the spoils on the latest match on the SUC. A tough match, with fish being very finicky was what greeted the Anglers on Saturday. Lots of small fish we're caught!
1) Phil Bowen (Peg 16) - 4lb 13oz
2) Dave Matson (Peg 14) - 4lb 1oz
3) Mick Groome (Peg 4) - 3lb 2oz
4) Ron Mullinder (Peg 6) - 2lb 10oz
Another open match was fished on Saturday, in better conditions than of late, again the Club used the inform Hinstock section of the canal, and again the same pegs produced! Yet again it was one of the Groom brothers who took the spoils . . .
1) Mick Groom (Peg 78) - 14lb 3oz
2) Mick Price (Peg 79) -10lb 9oz
3) Bob Yeomans (Peg 72) -9lb 2oz
4) Harry Groom (Peg 82) - 7lb 11oz
Next match On Newport Canal 3rd of March.
The Second in a series of opens on the canal was contested Saturday and another good turn out by club match men, and sunshine and good weights, ensured that an enjoyable match was undertaken. With the following results . . . Harry won is second match on the trot
1) Harry Groom - 16lb 12oz (Peg 78)
2) Roy Cooper - 15lb 60z (Peg 79)
3) Stu Miles - 9lb 12oz (Peg 80)
4) Bob Yeomans - 8lb 10oz (Peg 76)
Next match on Saturday 18th February.
The club held the first official match of 2017 on the Hinstock wood length of the canal at the weekend, and despite very cold conditions, the weights for some we're very good . . .
1) Ray Bate (Peg 79) - 14lb
2) Mick Groom (Peg 78) - 13.3.0
3) Phil Bowen (Peg 77) - 9lb 14oz
Saturday 7th January
Following Ice on the pool, it was a good turn out for the latest knock up held on Bearcroft Pool, Saturday. It fished hard as expected it could be, some fish we're found in the dam wall end of the pool . . .
1) Stuart Miles (Peg9) - 9lb 12oz
2) Phil Bowen (Peg 10) - 7lb 14oz
3) John Buttery (Peg 12) - 4lb 9oz
Monday 2nd January
The first match of 2017 was held on Bearcroft and despite ice on the pool, some fish we're caught . . .
1) John Buttery (Peg 6) - 10lb 6oz (Carp on Feeder)
2) Phil Bowen (Peg 12) - 7lb 13oz (12m pole)
3) Mick Groom (Peg 10) - 5lb 14 (short pole)
The club held a mini match on Bearcroft in cold conditions on Sunday, fair turnout from match anglers too . . .
1) Bob Pritchard (peg 12) -13lb 10oz
2) Harry Groom (Peg 4) - 6lb 2oz
3) Phil Bowen (Peg 10) 5lb
The Annual Christmas fayre match was held on Long Lane Pool last Saturday, with a good turn out of Anglers lining up. New Chairman Elect Dave Matson, once again showed his skills to take top spot from Peg 11 following difficulties with Ice earlier on in the match. He didn't have it all his own way, with both Phil Bowen & Matt Egerton running him close . . .
1) Dave Matson (Peg 11) - 38lb 11oz
2) Phil Bowen (Peg 15) - 33lb 14oz
3) Matt Egerton (Peg 14) - 38lb 6oz
4) Stu Miles (Peg 5) - 7lb 8oz
Harry with his winning bag of 14b 4oz on Shropshire union canal